Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- What are some of the issues in the Corinthian Church that Paul subtly points to in his introduction?
- Why was Paul thankful for their spiritual gifts, even though they were misusing them (1 Corinthians 1:4-7)
- What was Paul confident God would do for them (1 Corinthians 1:8)
- Why was Paul so confident that God would do this (1 Corinthians 1:9)
- Share one thing from the sermon that particularly spoke to you.
- Are you or have you ever been tempted to become discouraged or frustrated with church? If so what prompted this and what helped (or is helping) you to overcome it?
- What are the encouraging signs of God at work that you can see in your life right now?
- What are the encouraging signs of God at work that you can see in our Church right now?
Spend some time in prayer thanking God for the good things he is doing.
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway