Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- Why was Paul committed to preaching the "message of the cross"? (verse 18)
- What does his answer tell us about the contrast between Human wisdom and God's wisdom?
- In 1 Cor 1:26-31 why does Paul emphasise that most of the Corinthian Christians came from ordinary, humble backgrounds?
- In what ways does Paul demonstrate the importance of the Holy Spirit's ministry in Chapter 2?
- Share one thing from the sermon that particularly caught your attention.
- In what ways are we tempted to make the gospel less offensive or sounds more credible to our generation?
- How can we make sure that as a church we are fully relying on the Holy Spirit and not on our ability to put on attractive, professional services and events to attract people? Is it wrong to strive for excellence in what we do?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway