Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- In Acts 20:13-38 Paul says his farewell to the Ephesian Elders. In his address he points to two ways in which he had taught them the way of Christ. What are they? (see verses 25-27 & 33-35)
- Paul was not afraid to put himself forward as an example to be copied (see 1 Corinthians 4:15-16). What does 1 Corinthians 11:1 reveal about what aspects of his example he wanted us to copy and the end result he was hoping for?
- Read Philippians 3:17. Who do you think Paul had in mind when he mentioned "... those who follow our example"? Does this include you?
- What guidance do the following verses give us as to what kind of example is the right one to set? Philippians 3:13-13 - 1 Timothy 4:15 - Philippians 3:8-10 - 1 Timothy 4:12
- Can you think of a Christian you know or have read about who has inspired you? What was it about their example that has helped you in your Christian life?
- Read Hebrews 13:7. How often do you consciously consider the example set by your leaders and imitate it? What examples can you think of where you have been helped in your Christian life by the example set by a church leader?
- In what aspects of your life do you feel that you are setting a Jesus like example to others? In what areas of your life do you feel that the example you are currently setting is not as Christ like as it could be?
- How can we help and encourage one another to increasingly imitate Christ and set a good example to others?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway