Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- What do verses 1-2 reveal about the full scope of the problem Paul was addressing?
- How is church discipline good for the person receiving it (verses 3-5)?
- Who is responsible for church discipline (verses 3-5)? Does this surprise you?
- How is exercising church discipline good for the whole church (verses 6-8)?
- Who should and shouldn't come under the churches judgement (verses 9-13)?
- How do you feel about the concept of churches disciplining their members?
- What have been your experiences of church discipline? Are these positive or negative experiences?
- "In a church, my sin is your business and your sin is my business". How do you feel about this statement?
- Do you give your Christian friends permission to speak into you life and challenge you when necessary? Why/Why not?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway