Question for Home Groups or private reflection
Reflection & Application
- How were the Corinthian Christians justifying their sexual immorality (see verse 13)?
- Why is it so important to God that Christians remain pure and abstain from sexual immorality:
- (see verse 13)
- (see verse 18)
- (see verses 9-11 & Eph 5:3)
- (see 1 Thes 4:3, 7-8)
- Christians sometimes say that God sees all sin as the same. Do you think verse 18 challenges or supports that view? Why?
- Share one thing from the sermon that most stood out to you?
- Nobody is immune to sexual temptation, not even Pastors. What things can we do to lessen the chances that we will succumb to temptation?
- The way to ultimately defeat temptation is to replace our desire for sin with a greater desire for Jesus. What things can we do to increase our desire to be closer to Jesus?
- How can we help each other in these things?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway