Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- Why was it not Good for man to be alone? (Genesis 2:18)?
- Read Genesis 2:22-24. What are the key thing these verses teach us about marriage?
- Read John 4:16-18 and Matthew 19:4-6. What do these verses teach us about the uniqueness of a heterosexual marriage relationship compared to other types of relationship?
- Read Malachi 2:14. What is a covenant and what are the implications of marriage being a covenant relationship?
- Share one thing from the sermon that most stood out to you?
- Do you think of marriage as a good thing or are you a bit more ambivalent in your thinking about it? Why?
- "Genesis 2:18-22 teach us that God's intended best for us is a partner of the opposite sex, not the same sex". How do you feel about that statement? How would you go about explaining it to someone who was no a Christian?
- How can we support and encourage the married couples we know?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway