Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- 1 Corinthians 7:39 teaches us two things about deciding who to marry, what are they?
- Read Deut 7:1-4. Why did God not want the Israelites to inter-marry with the nations around them? What examples from the Old Testament can you think of that show God's concern was faith not race?
- What does Proverbs 30:31 say is the most desirable attribute in a spouse?
- Bonus Question - Some people argue that Esther's marriage to King Xerxes was a good thing and so it is not always wrong to marry outside of the faith. How do the circumstances of her marriage (see Esther 2) show that this doesn't justify choosing a spouse who is not Christian?
- Share one thing from the sermon that most stood out to you?
- What advice would you give to a Christian who is in a relationship and contemplating marriage to someone who is not a Christian?
- How can we best encourage and support church members who are marries to someone who is not a Christian?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway