Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- "Nothing will hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain" (Isaiah 11:9). What are the different aspects of the perfect, lasting peace God promises to us in Isaiah chapters 2, 11 & 25?
- How do we know that the promises of Isaiah 2 find their fulfilment in Jesus? (Compare Isaiah 2:1-4 with Isaiah 11:1-10)
- How has Jesus death on the cross secured God's promise to end all war?
- If the cross has secured the promise to end all war why is there still conflict in our world?
- Share one thing with the group that particularly spoke to you in the sermon.
We have a tendency to think of salvation just in terms of personal forgiveness, whereas the promises of God's holy mountain are much wider than that.
- Why do you think we have this tendency to focus on personal forgiveness rather than God's kingdom restoring creation?
- What difference (if any) do you think that thinking of the fuller picture of salvation should make to:
- The way we share the gospel?
- The kind of activities we get involved in as a church and individuals?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway