Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- What verses in the passage could you point to to demonstrate that every Christian has at least one spiritual gift and that God chooses which gifts they have?
- What are the key teaching points of the Body illustration (vv 12 - 27)
- What are the attitudes towards spiritual gifts that this passage encourages (see 13:1-3, 31, 14:1, 39)?
- Between chapters 12 & 14 of 1 Corinthians, why does Paul devote a whole chapter to love? How does knowing about some of then issues in the Corinthian church shape our understanding of chapter 13?
- What gifts has the Holy Spirit given you?
- Can you describe any experiences you have had where you saw spiritual gifts misused and any experiences in which they have been used in a helpful way? What lessons can we learn from these experiences that will help us use our gifts in a productive way in the life of the church?
- Which gifts are you currently "eagerly desiring"? Why do you want that particular gift?
Spend some time praying for one another in the group particularly that those who are unsure of what their gifts are might be able to discern them and for the receiving of the gifts that group members are eagerly desiring.
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway