Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- Before we can develop our spiritual gifts we need to know what they are. The sermon talked about asking and acting; what did this refer to?
- How do we grieve the Holy Spirit ( Ephesians 4:25-32 )?
- How do we quench the Holy Spirit ( 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 )?
- What instruction does Paul give to Timothy about his Spiritual gifts in 1 Timothy 4:14, and 2 Timothy 1:6? What encouragement can we take from 2 Timothy 1:13-14?
- Do you know what your spiritual gifts are? If you do, how are you developing them? In you do not, what are you doing to discover them?
- Take time right now, in the group, to individually pray and ask God if there is anything in your life that is grieving or quenching the Holy Spirit. If God reveals something to you, take the time to repent and ask God's help to change. If you are comfortable doing so, share with the rest of the group what God has shown you.
- What have you done so far this year to make sure you are not neglecting your gifts but instead are fanning them into flame?
Spend some time praying for one another.
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway