Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- What is your favourite story, book, or film?
- Which of Jesus’ parables sticks most in your mind?
- How can stories told two thousand years ago be relevant for today’s world?
- Do you think the brother in this morning’s parable has a justifiable complaint?
- Jesus told this parable in response to criticism from the church establishment of his day. Why did he need to do that?
- What would he have to say to the church of our own day?
- What did the Scribes and the Pharisees get wrong? How can we make sure we don’t make similar mistakes?
- Many people feel they can see God’s power and love revealed in the world around us. Yet others dispute this. What do you think and what would you say to them?
- How have you experienced God’s love in your own life?
- Has there been a time in your own life when you needed to come back to God, or when you felt him calling you?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway