Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- What are the three main points taught about communion in 1 Corinthians 10:16-17 and 1 Corinthians 11:23-26?
- Have any of the above points brought out aspects of communion you had not thought of before? If so, which ones?
- Why were the Corinthian Christians doing more harm than good in their communion services (see 1 Corinthians 11:17-22 )?
- 1 Corinthians 11:28 instructs us to examine ourselves before we take communion. What are the key things the passage teaches us we should be considering when we do this examination?
- Do you look forward to sharing communion with the church? Why/why not?
- God's judgement of the Corinthian Christians (1 Corinthians 11:29-30) shows that he places a high value on communion. Are there things we can do to help us rightly value communion and prepare ourselves to receive it?
- Can you think of any occasion where you were particularly aware of Jesus' presence at communion? What happened?
- Spend some time praying for one another.
If possible, end you Bible Study by sharing communion together as a home group.
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway