Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- What do you know already about the book of Exodus?
- What are you looking forward to from the series?
- Can anyone give any examples from their life where they've thought "How did I get here?"
- Can you think of examples from the Bible where people would have thought "How did I get here?"
- The Israelites became oppressed in Egypt. Why do you think God allowed them to end up in Egypt?
- The Israelite midwives disobeyed the law of the land to serve God. Can you think of any examples when this might be appropriate today?
- In the sermon it was suggested that crying out to God is a good way to respond. Is this your natural way of responding in a crisis? If not, what other things might you tend to do?
- Joseph suggests that it was God not the brothers that sent him into Egypt. When during his life may he not have felt this way?
- What can we learn from Joseph's attitude?
- Can anyone share an example of going through a difficult experience but being really aware that God was with them?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway