Question for Home Groups or private reflection
- Why do you think Moses asked Jethro's permission to go to Egypt when God had specifically called him?
- Why does Moses say he wants to see if his brothers are still alive? Does he understand what God has called him to?
- In verse 24 we read that God was about to kill Moses when he was on his way to Egypt. What do you think that means? What does it remind you of?
- Why would God make saving the Israelites even harder than it already was by hardening Pharaoh's heart?
- By obeying God's command, Moses demonstrated boldness and courage. Share times when you have had to be bold and courageous and God has honoured that.
- Is there something in your life right now that you know God wants you to do but you're afraid to do it so, like Moses, you're finding excuses. As you are able, share with one another and pray for courage and boldness.
- What can we learn from Moses' story about the importance of obeying God wholeheartedly?
NEW: Hover over bible verses to preview the reference and click to view on Bible Gateway